Many thanks to my good friend Marc Schuster for sending some blogging love my way yesterday. As a recipient of a Versatile Blogger Award it is now my duty to pass it on. The problem here is that I am a terrible blogger. Not only do I write blogs sporadically and without purpose, but I don’t really read other people’s blog, which breaks the cardinal rule of blogging: if you want people to read your blog, you have to read theirs (and “enjoy it enough to hit the like button” – little WordPress humor there). Therefore, I do not have 15 blogs to nominate for this prestigious award. I will say, though, that getting this award has led me on a mission over this winter break to start following at least 15 bloggers, so maybe I’ll update this post sometime in January to do my due diligence and pay it forward. In the meantime, thanks, Marc, for the shout-out!
15 (also known as 6) blogs that I follow:
1. Abominations – I’m not just saying this because he’s my friend, but Marc Schuster is one of the funniest people I know. If you’re not reading his blog, your days are probably filled with sorrow and pain.
2. Small Press Reviews – I’m not just saying this because he’s my friend, but Marc Schuster writes some really fantastic reviews of small press books. If you’re into the whole “indie” thing as many of us too-cool-for-school folks are, this is a good spot to read about some under-the-radar books that you might want to add to your reading list.
3. Filmdrift – Sam is not my friend, but this does not belittle his film-reviewing abilities. Sam reviews movies big and small, and I also enjoy his top ten lists. An excellent blog for movie lovers!
4. A Better Dinner – It’s been a while since she last posted (maybe this award will light a fire…), but Tess’s blog is one of my favorites out there. Like MFK Fisher, Julia Child, and Ruth Reichl, Tess can weave a story and recipe and cooking tips all into one amazing blog post that makes you want to eat your computer screen by the end. I sincerely hope she comes back to blogging soon! But, in the meantime, read her older posts; they are delicious!
5. An Attitude Adjustment – She’s a little bit cranky, but that’s what I like about her. Follow Jana to learn about life as a 21st century woman and mother; you’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and in my case, you’ll thank god you don’t have any children.
6. Madame Fromage – I love cheese and so do you. Read this blog.
7 random things about me:
1. I’m an only child.
2. I only like even numbers and multiples of five.
3. I’m 31, married, and still sleep with stuffed animals (sheep). (I guess that’s three things)
4. Two things I’m good at: teaching and hanging out.
5. I like reading books, especially those written by Marc Schuster.
6. I don’t want to meet my hero Bruce Springsteen.
7. I don’t like making lists of 7 random things about myself (see No. 2 above).
Thanks for reading my blog!